Problem wiring or perfectly acceptable?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Roys, I'm not a qualified electrician, but am keen to learn more about wiring and this has me confused.

If a fixed spur was added for fuse protection for the extractor fan and fed as it is from fixed spur 1 is that not effectively spurring from a spur?
From your drawing it looks like the extractor is fed from the unfused (supply) side of the spur you have marked it as ‘in’ and not the fused side (load) of the fused spur, so as it stands the extractor will not be protected by a suitably rated fuse or mcb.

Granted if you were designing the circuit from the start this would not be the way to do it as it is convoluted, but to simplify things and to hopefully answer your question when you say spurring from a spur it is a bit different for fused spurs as opposed to spurring sockets.

There used to be a good drawing in the On Site Guide showing this, hopefully someone with more IT skills than me can add it to this thread.

Well done spoon, your drawing has just pinged in.