public liability insurance

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan007

Reaction score
Hey guys just thought I'd check out what others are paying. I know there is a few variables involved so just want a rough guide. I'm looking at sole trader &

I got 5mil of PL and 500K PI through Napit insurance and that was

Just over 200 i think for 5mill PL, 250k PI and 10mill (i think) employers, through NAPITs insurance people, read small print some exclude agricultural!

Isn't using tools with naked flame, (blowtorch), often another exclusion? Or if you do minor plumbing work, such as removal and connecting shower pipework, central heating control valves, pumps or immersion heaters another area you need to check you have cover for if doing this wort of work.

Doc H.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 08:57 ---------- Previous post was made at 08:51 ----------

Mine used to exclude aerial work, but I found I was doing a few aerials and satellite dishes, so at the last renewal I asked for it to be included, and it didn't alter the price at all.
Does that differentiate between wall mounted and chimney mounted mounted aerials, i.e. roof ladder access or not. The small print is certainly an area you need to verify you are comparing like for like packages.

Doc H.

Isn't using tools with naked flame, (blowtorch), often another exclusion? Or if you do minor plumbing work, such as removal and connecting shower pipework, central heating control valves, pumps or immersion heaters another area you need to check you have cover for if doing this wort of work.Doc H.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 08:57 ---------- Previous post was made at 08:51 ----------

Does that differentiate between wall mounted and chimney mounted mounted aerials, i.e. roof ladder access or not. The small print is certainly an area you need to verify you are comparing like for like packages.

Doc H.
I did mention at my renewal I occasionally use a gas powered soldering iron and that was okay.

To be honest, the small amount of plumbing I do, I use all compression fittings. I reserve my pipework soldering skills (and blowlamp usage) to my own work.

My aerial work has a height limitation of 10 metres, it doesn't specify if that is on a roof or chimney, just no higher than 10 metres.

Latest posts