Pulling Service Head Fuse

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perssonally i would go for the Wylex REC 2. &. REC 4 every time.

no holes to drill

meter side can remain sealed , if that is what your heart desires

lid goes on last, no wrestling with tails through little holes ( attrb. R Harris. Et al 1970-1980 )

that along with Lucy MLNS and jobs a gudgeon

i have, cough, a ready source, cough, of same

I am a strong supporter of Service Isolator Switches and I wish all DNOs fitted them.

That would put me out of the SIS market, but they don't all fit them, so there is an opportunity for electricians to fit them, independently of the DNO.

My range of SISs are by-products of other products I stock anyway, so it would be no big deal to me, if everybody bought the Wylex REC.

So, to some extent, my question about features was slightly academic, since I have the products I have, good or bad.

I can understand that the REC cable entries could be classed IP65, but the front of it is probably IP40, maybe IP41. My SIS-100-4S can be made a true IP65.

I can understand that a DNO may want to seal their own SIS and the REC is perfect for that. If you fit the SIS, you have an option with mine, to seal or not to seal, plus the option to legally break the seal.

Hi Kerching,

Your post just popped up as I was composing mine.

I can see that if I was persuading people to use mine, it would be an uphill battle. But I an not, so I would be happy for the Wylex REC to be installed in the tails just ahead of my COMPACT RCBO DISTRIBUTION BOARDS!!! 

SBS Dave