Question on a TN-S

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have pretty big long fingers and not small hands.

Which are the best ones to get?

There are several size 36cm's. :_|

I use a combination of gloves and the finger cut from another pair of gloves.

When I have a live wire I place the cut off finger over the end to stop it touching anything else until I get it reconnected.

I have had my gloves for a few years now but did not know they needed retesting after a while for insulation, will have to buy some new ones I guess.

I use a combination of gloves and the finger cut from another pair of gloves.When I have a live wire I place the cut off finger over the end to stop it touching anything else until I get it reconnected.

I have had my gloves for a few years now but did not know they needed retesting after a while for insulation, will have to buy some new ones I guess.
the 500v gloves dont need a formal test, just visual before use and an air test is recommended. obviously, if they look worn at all, then its time to replace

ill have to ge the finger from another pair of gloves... sounds much easier than wrapping tape round the end!

Yeah I just read it on the link you provided.

Mine are tested at 1000volt but rated for 1700 I think.

Who can send me a finger off of an old pair of gloves? I ain't paying them sort of prices to buy another pair to cut the end off of it. :_|

Who can send me a finger off of an old pair of gloves? I ain't paying them sort of prices to buy another pair to cut the end off of it. :_|
GH should have another few fingers...

failing that, does anyone on here have a finger missing that they can donate spare glove part?

Just checked mine they are class 1 for working up to 7,500volt.

:^O

I have never worked on anything near that voltage.

Mine were given to me so I suppose they failed a test and I never knew.

Now I will be getting some new ones.

I have 8 fingers and two thumbs as spares admin:^O:^O

Well I will have when I get me new ones.

so once you give away all your digits, are you planning on a robotic hand?
:^O :^O:^O

Lol just realised what it looked like, not my own actual fingers the rubber glove fingers