Qvis Dvr View Online Anywhere

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gethyn Jones

Reaction score
Ive installed a DVR which is online compatible and works perfectly on ipads etc while on the home network. How can i get it to work while i am away on holdiat etc?

How can i get it to work while i am away on holdiat etc?

Why?

Never understood that one.

I always thought a holiday was so you go away and relax and have a nice time, visit places you have never been to, why would you want to watch your own house, then worry when there is a powercut wondering why you have no picture.

How do you live if your constantly worried that someone might break in to your property when you're out to the extent that you feel that you have to watch your cctv when you're away?

I think I'd move to a better area

One of my neighbours want me to out cctv in so he can keep an eye on his daughters while he's at work :slap
?

i guess because they want to check if somones breaking in
So that means that when they are away, they will not be enjoying themselves since they will be constantly watching a monitor /ipad/tablet/phone to watch something they can do nothing about, and how will they sleep, they can't because they have to watch 24/7

seems a total waste of money. (The remote watching part, not the CCTV)

as you all know ive got cctv and can remotely view it on my iphone and hudl its very useful if and when the alarm goes off and phones me as i can check if its a genuine alarm or not.

Ive installed a DVR which is online compatible and works perfectly on ipads etc while on the home network. How can i get it to work while i am away on holdiat etc?
you need to forward your dvr port number so that the external side of the connection allows the access from the iphone etc into the dvr. plus if your on dynamic (changable) IP address youll need to setup a dyns service so it updates every time your ip changes

as you all know ive got cctv and can remotely view it on my iphone and hudl its very useful if and when the alarm goes off and phones me as i can check if its a genuine alarm or not.

you need to forward your dvr port number so that the external side of the connection allows the access from the iphone etc into the dvr. plus if your on dynamic (changable) IP address youll need to setup a dyns service so it updates every time your ip changes
Have you got a guide or anything that can help?

BTW reason why we need it is. Holidays for us isnt that sort of holiday on the beach HAHA, business holidays still working and need to keep a look out on the property and yard .