[Rant] The Unfair World We Live In...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like your in a lose lose situation.

The police aren't able to do anything with regards to the drive off if it's not reported within 24 hours... I was hit by a bus wheel trim (the heavy metal type) that wrote off my front bumper, the bus drove off/carried on going (guess he didn't know it had flown off the bus). Did my own detective work and found out the bus company from the local petrol station CCTV, rang them, they claimed it wasn't one of their busses and refused all knowledge/responsibility.

Rang the police (now over 24hours later) to report it and the very friendly police officer informed me that after 24 hours any drive off becomes a civil matter and there is nothing they can do.

I was a BMW front bumper down, moral of the story, get the police involved there and then regardless.

Yeah, kind of in a lose lose, coming to terms with it now though, as mentioned above, it is pretty much cosmetic, the bumper support bar / reinforcer obviously has some safety aspect to it as it makes up the crumple zone. That can be had from scrappies for £15 so going to change that and keep my eyes out for a bumper in the right colour. The car is rather old and I just can't be arsed now with the potential hassle that would come from an insurance claim. Wife simply doesn't want me contacting the guy (phone or visiting) so I guess I ain't getting a bean off him. 

Ahhh well. time to move on. More pressing matters have arisen.

Latest posts