Rcbo board?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very clever to get a double pole RCBO into a single module, I'm still a bit sceptical, may have to buy one and take it too bits, looks from the diagram on the side of the unit that it only detects on the L side and the N side is dragged along with the L, the 1∆ is only connected to the L the N does not have its own detection circuit.

Last edited:
Very clever to get a double pole RCBO into a single module, I'm still a bit sceptical, may have to buy one and take it too bits, looks from the diagram on the side of the unit that it only detects on the L side and the N side is dragged along with the L, the 1∆ is only connected to the L the N does not have its own detection circuit.
wouldn't expect anything else, but the magic bit is that it isolated nuetral aswell as line.

But does it isolate by the required 3mm gap? and if the fault is on the N side it will not trip at all.

Good to know, but still need to take one to bits to see if it isolates by the required 3mm air gap on both L & N.

Last edited:
Isn't that an approved method of isolation,???? ;)

It's when the customer goes to reset it and your in the loft or under the floor. Customer reset means turning everything back on.

Of course you would have safely followed the full locking off procedure so that wouldn't be a problem.

You did lock off didn't you ???? 🤞🤞

It's when the customer goes to reset it and your in the loft or under the floor. Customer reset means turning everything back on.

Of course you would have safely followed the full locking off procedure so that wouldn't be a problem.

When you're working in an office and nothing is labelled up correctly,
LOTO SAVES LIVES

good for finding the correct circuit though

If you mean does the neutral disconnect at the same time as the phase then yes, but it's because the neutral is dragged along with the phase and not a 3mm gap as far as I know, the only one's I found and used are Hager which are true double pole RCBO's but they are double width, think Legrand do them as well. Forgot to add no earth or fly lead on the Hager.
Hi Mike, I no longer own SBS Trade Sales, but the single module CRB rcbos are definitely independent 3mm 2 pole switching. Checkout the terminal configuration, two in, two out .And no flying leads. Some others achieve genuine 2 pole by internally switching a neutral flying lead..

Status
Not open for further replies.