rcd tests at 0 and 180 degrees

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you are testing a RCD at 0deg you are testing the +ve half cycle (leading edge) ; testing at 180deg you are testing the -ve half cycle (trailing edge).

You usually do get different readings,,,, note the highest on your certs...

You ask what is the difference?

that is simple its life or death!

This is where a full understanding of over current protection ,choice of cable,and all the other things you learn in college add up to you being able to install a system that will full fill the requirements and provide the disconnection times required to save both life and property.

Thats why I hate Part P but I am drunk and I know some good domestic installers are out there BUT!!

You ask what is the difference?that is simple its life or death!

This is where a full understanding of over current protection ,choice of cable,and all the other things you learn in college add up to you being able to install a system that will full fill the requirements and provide the disconnection times required to save both life and property.

Thats why I hate Part P but I am drunk and I know some good domestic installers are out there BUT!!
DITTO

(drunk & agree)