RCD tripping after lightning storm

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
However the Main switch may be a suspect, but my boys have never seen this.
Ur boys give good advice & I'm sure they will let you know if they ever get a suspect main switch :D

Is a TT setup with the 100ma RCD before the old plug in fuse Wylex CU.
Are there overhead lines coming into the property? Local strike on the supply could of shorted the resistor in the RCD that is used to mechanically test it.

Norv, from what I've read... :)

I would of checked the RCD first (It only takes a moment or two)

Trip and ramp...

; \

Are there overhead lines coming into the property? Local strike on the supply could of shorted the resistor in the RCD that is used to mechanically test it.
Blimy Mr S...

I turns me back to go and get a drink...

I come back and you been readin my mind m8!! :D :^O

Ditto Mr S's though there Norv!

mmm. Sometimes I just look too deep into things

"note to self"

Yet another though filters through me skull:p

On this TT installation with 100ma RCD protecting whole installation..

Is there / are there any other RCD(s) further downstream protecting sockets only.. e.g. 30ma??????????? ?:|

Righty ho... Time for me to go home!

Mr Knopflers PA and LX are in the truck and I have no more live supplies. :^O

Keep us updated on this please Norv. B)

Spec's, Don, Norv and Ext, I shall bid you good night. Time for beer and some special 'rollies'! ]:)

Nope just the 100ma. I've got to give a price for changing the CU. Was doing some preliminary tests before hand aswell.

Righty ho... Time for me to go home!Mr Knopflers PA and LX are in the truck and I have no more live supplies. :^O

Keep us updated on this please Norv. B)

Spec's and Ext, I shall bid you good night. Time for beer and some special 'rollies'! ]:)
G-night Sir! :D

Nope just the 100ma. I've got to give a price for changing the CU. Was doing some preliminary tests before hand aswell.
Sound's to me like as good a time as any to upgrade the CU etc..

Bring it all up to scratch & get rid of suspect RCD to boot! :D :D:D

Put your posh salesman voice on and have a nice quiet word with the customer! :)

G'night, I'm off to.Thanks y'all
G-night Norv... :)

no nasty dreams about trippin RCD please....B)

Cuz I dont want to have to send Davetheglitz over to read you Welshy's bedtime story's to calm you down again! :^O :^O:^O:^O