Regs. Relating to Renewable Energy

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a non-electrcian I have found the debate, & peoples' interpretation, about the regs. very interesting.What are the ramifications for both parties of using an electrician who is not part P qualified for domestic work? Would it affect the householders' insurance &/or cause probs. if they sold their house? Also could the electrician be held accountable to anybody e.g. Trading Standards for working without the proper qualifications?
Part **** Take isnt a qualification, long as it goes down the correct channels and are competant to do the work shouldnt affect anything.

Part **** Take isnt a qualification, long as it goes down the correct channels and are competant to do the work shouldnt affect anything.
Might be being a bit dense or simplistic here but what are the correct channels, who judges competency & why have part p approval?

Correct, only Part P Approved
I would disagree with that too. You have members of a compenent person self certification scheme.

Might be being a bit dense or simplistic here but what are the correct channels, who judges competency & why have part p approval?
Part P of the building Regs. requires that certain standards are maintaned in electrical installations. Just as other parts of the building Regs reuqire certain standards with respect to other building work, drains foundations etc.

Electrical installations that comply with BS7671 are considered to meet the requirements of Part P. Other standards, and even installations that comply with no standard at all, may meet the requirements of Part P.

Part P requires that certain electrical work be notified to Building Control. There are two ways to do this, notification prior to the work comencing and through the use of a person registered with a self certification scheme. Sometimes refered to as Part P qualified, approved, registered authorised etc.

That's as I understand it anyway.

Latest posts