Relocating Security Room

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

We have a site with approximately 50 cameras viewed at one point in a building.

Most of the cameras are static and there are about 6 PTZ. there are different makes and models and all have been cabled in either RG59

or with cat 5.

This building is being demolished so the customer wants to view from another building about 150meters away.

I would like to install a device of some sort near the old building which we can take the cables to and then give us the facility of either transmitting or some other way of sending all 50 cameras together with the PTZ facility to the new location.

We would then like to install the DVR's and approx. 6 to 8 monitors in the new security room.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

its either a bank

or

a lap dancing club

if its the latter i could come and have a site survey for you,

other than that , absolutely no help at all,

sorry    :C

This might not help much, but food for thought.

I helped out on a job a few years back on an army camp, where they were moving the camera monitors and PTZ controls from a century hut by the main gate, to the main guard house further in camp.

We ran a 50 pair BT type cable, between the two buildings, about 200m, then used Balun's via two boxes.

I have no idea what these were as I didn't get involved in this part.

I do however remember there was a big question as to how the PTZ was going to work as we'd used all the pair's for the cameras.

Unfortunately, I was only there a couple of days to help drag cables in so never found out how they sorted this.

Sorry this is a bit vague, but I'm sure someone will pop up soon with some more ideas.

Rob.

You can get 25 Pr Cat5E SWA if that is any use, I KNOW, because I have used it for the same purpose.

So, say 450m of this would cover you easily with the 50 cameras, and spare, a couple of JB's and Bob's you mothers brother.

However, you will need to look at signal levels you may need some boosters/switches etc also on a 150m run! ;)

HTH

Latest posts