Replacement or upgrade....

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pompeyblue

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am wondering if anyone can help me with this please? A little before my time, but can anyone tell me if and where to get a replacement for this? (See pics) or an upgrade?

Cheers

3.jpg

1.JPG

2.jpg

Hi Sidewinder,

Its controlling the lights, using a few retractive switches.

And is supplied via a 5amp fuse in the CU.

The switches are all wired in series and then one back to this.

Ta

Ta

some sort of time delay staggered switching by the looks of it.

dunno if off the shelf available, but could be knocked up with some contactors Im sure.

need more details,

and a better pic of the diagram,

a description of what it does/is supposed to do would help as well.

As per Steps, it looks like an off delay timer, you can get a standard Schneider contactor and fit an off delay head.

I am guessing that it is on the public areas of a multi-occupancy building with the push button switches near the entry doors?

It allows light for a certain amount of time?

You could replace with PIR's in parallel as an option in this scenario?

Else we need more info.

That's pretty much the scenario sidewinder.

PIRs were mentioned and It would be good just to lose the timer. It makes one hell of a racket when triggered!

Hi Evans,

Sorry - I feel asleep... Was getting late.

Yeah its for communal lights.

The customer wants PIR, i'd do either or, as doing both the PIR and timer would be a waste of money right?

Is there any tidy little boards to put that MK delay timer in?

Many thanks

Dont bother with that one. I have fitted loads of these Electronic Timer Adjustable - 2 Mins - 2 hours. They fit into a standard single patress box

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 00:30 ---------- Previous post was made at 00:25 ----------

They are programmable for different types of switching and timing. One useful feature is you can program it so the lights have to turn off before the unit will re;energise. This stops people wedging the switches on

Sounds perfect slip, have you any pictures of the inside or wiring diagram?

Cheers mate