Reporting the cowboys

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Corgi only became a household name because there was only one body.
And just when everyone knew about and trusted CORGI, they changed the name to gas safe or some such thing that nobody has a clue about. headbang

Corgi only became a household name because there was only one body. If this had happened in the electrical industry maybe there wouldn't be the confusion there is today with each scheme provider promoting their own self-interest.The only solution would be for niceic, napit, elecsa et al to merge but it'll never happen.
I hope it doesn't we will all have to pay more then. Best thing would be all part p providers get together and pay to advertise it on prime time tv or get the govenment to pay to advertise it after all it was them that brought it in.

The householder is always to blame if Part P is ignored as its their responcibility to ensure any work they order/pay for is done to building regs.
But most people have not even heard about it. Only people that know about it are people that are having building work done and need a certificate for building control.

I hope it doesn't we will all have to pay more then. Best thing would be all part p providers get together and pay to advertise it on prime time tv or get the govenment to pay to advertise it after all it was them that brought it in.
The Schemes are not interested in safety - their primary concern is promoting their own BRAND!

Interestingly - I believe the issue of promoting Part P has been discussed by the Scheme operators. However, as soon as it was mentioned that the fairest way of funding such a campaign was on a "per member" basis the NICEIC pulled out.

If the Schemes were really interested in promoting Part P they would stop the current childish tactics of self promotion, which benefits them at our expense......

a bit off subject sorry but I heard that in the near future they are trying to phase out cash (cheques are going in 2018) but cash may be on its way out soon and everything will be electronic. I heard this from my Tutor who said get those cash jobs in quick cos it may come to an end pretty soon.

a bit off subject sorry but I heard that in the near future they are trying to phase out cash (cheques are going in 2018) but cash may be on its way out soon and everything will be electronic. I heard this from my Tutor who said get those cash jobs in quick cos it may come to an end pretty soon.
Quite the opposite.

I see cash becoming more usual when cheques are phased out to save the processing costs of an electronics transfer.

There are no plans to "phase out cash"

How's that going to work for the drug dealers?