Retro Electro Workshop on the Yesterday channel

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find the voice over bod irritating as they are with most of these programmes when they start to over exaggerate the problem or try to create some tension with none existant issues

no, but im surprised you haven't told us how crap, useless, entertaining, excellent, waste of time (delete as appropriate) it was
Brace yerself!
The idea was good, the execution is embarassing
One example......take bloke out to,Radio Caroline offshore. Tape deck broken. Luckily there is a spare in the spares store!!!!!
Are back to base, cobble one out of two. Back to Caroline

Bloke buys some bit of electronic tat ( with the help of his father. Inclusivity box ✅)
Gets TV bod to fix it.....
Bloke and his dad put it in their shop, guess a price, mother always says "No ask for more". Inclusivity box ✅
Small profit made which doesn't cover the fuel, labour, spares etc OR they sell it at a loss. It's like the Repair Shop for Brain donors

So the bloke who goes rooting withn his dad has his own electronics retail shop. His dad fixes the stock BUT he gets a bloke 100 miles away to fix the 💩/stuff he buys. It gets worse BUT I'm watching it because it must get better surely?
Why would it get better!

My pet hate us all the TV tourist selling programmes, with a competition at the end. Take minor celeb, put in novel form of transport like a campervan, and visit an area like Cornwall or Dorset.