Ring Or Radial???

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
isnt that cross section? I could be wrong.
Aggr. 2.5 is the CSA (as is 5) not diameter.

So actually r=sqrt(CSA/crbvcurbvubruvbruvb)

and surface area is 2crbvcurbvubruvbruvb*sqrt(CSA/crbvcurbvubruvbruvb)

so does 2crbvcurbvubruvbruvb*sqrt(2.5/crbvcurbvubruvbruvb) * 2 equals 2crbvcurbvubruvbruvb*sqrt(5/crbvcurbvubruvbruvb)??

2sqrt(2.5/crbvcurbvubruvbruvb) equals sqrt(5/crbvcurbvubruvbruvb) ??

5.61 equals 3.96 ??

So no they are not equal.

Aggr. 2.5 is the CSA (as is 5) not diameter. So actually r=sqrt(CSA/crbvcurbvubruvbruvb)

and surface area is 2crbvcurbvubruvbruvb*sqrt(CSA/crbvcurbvubruvbruvb)

so does 2crbvcurbvubruvbruvb*sqrt(2.5/crbvcurbvubruvbruvb) * 2 equals 2crbvcurbvubruvbruvb*sqrt(5/crbvcurbvubruvbruvb)??

2sqrt(2.5/crbvcurbvubruvbruvb) equals sqrt(5/crbvcurbvubruvbruvb) ??

5.61 equals 3.96 ??

So no they are not equal.
They most certainly are not...

otherwise in principal a 10mm could carry 100A+ :eek:

i.e.

If a bit of 1.0mm can carry say 10 amps (keeping numbers easy)

10 x 1.0mm parallel cables could carry 100amps,

but one 10mm cannot carry 100A! :(

:|

cheers

aabeer.jpg

ready to be bored :^O

i'm into turbo cars heavily data logging and all that geeky stuff

my ecu records all sorts of engine parameters rpm, throttle angle, water temps etc and boost pressure. my ecu records in psi but i like to use bar so that formula converts that for me. then there is an oxygen sensor in the exhaust that makes sure its running correctly air/fuel mixture wise my ecu records this in millivolts which i need in afr. the next 4 should be usefull to all of us when using word or excel etc i.e 100msq = 100 (hold Alt press 0178) gives 100m

ready to be bored :^O i'm into turbo cars heavily data logging and all that geeky stuff

my ecu records all sorts of engine parameters rpm, throttle angle, water temps etc and boost pressure. my ecu records in psi but i like to use bar so that formula converts that for me. then there is an oxygen sensor in the exhaust that makes sure its running correctly air/fuel mixture wise my ecu records this in millivolts which i need in afr. the next 4 should be usefull to all of us when using word or excel etc i.e 100msq = 100 (hold Alt press 0178) gives 100m

Since 2004 I use only radial circuits in installation of new circuits (very often in new kitchens and other extensions).

I agree with the approach that a radial circuit is safer and more practical than a ring circuit; as mentioned above, broken ring crates a condition of 2.5mm2 cable on a 32A MCB, much easier for testing, can add spurs without problem and just to add if you wish to allow bigger load on the circuit you can use 32A MCB with 4mm2 cable... yes it is easier to work with 2.5mm2 cable but 4mm2 is not impossible.

Since 2004 I use only radial circuits in installation of new circuits (very often in new kitchens and other extensions).I agree with the approach that a radial circuit is safer and more practical than a ring circuit; as mentioned above, broken ring crates a condition of 2.5mm2 cable on a 32A MCB, much easier for testing, can add spurs without problem and just to add if you wish to allow bigger load on the circuit you can use 32A MCB with 4mm2 cable... yes it is easier to work with 2.5mm2 cable but 4mm2 is not impossible.
in most cases, 4mm