RIP Mam ............

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While the wider royal family has far too many hangers-on, time-wasters and/or other dubious credentials..

The Queen was pretty much a globally unique person..
Who had to forge her own path and attained vast experience and respect on all levels from the man on the street to celebrities to world leaders..
(and from numerous accounts also had a good sense of humour)..

Whether you approve of the Royal family or not..
I think the Queen has brought a massive financial benefit into our countries economy..

We are living through the end of an era...
and I am not sure how good/bad the next era will be??

While the wider royal family has far too many hangers-on, time-wasters and/or other dubious credentials..

The Queen was pretty much a globally unique person..
Who had to forge her own path and attained vast experience and respect on all levels from the man on the street to celebrities to world leaders..
(and from numerous accounts also had a good sense of humour)..

Whether you approve of the Royal family or not..
I think the Queen has brought a massive financial benefit into our countries economy..

We are living through the end of an era...
and I am not sure how good/bad the next era will be??
I think Charles will be wonderful. See, one thing i think that practically destroyed the monarchy, was this "one does not get involved in politics" nonsense. What are they there for then??

Somehow, i think Charles migt just be a little more "hands on" shall we say..

john..

I was very much anti-monarchy until I watched 'The Crown'. Queen Elizabeth was an amazing person, incredible strength and a great loss worldwide. As for the rest of em (Princess Diana excepted)................

I'm not a fan of royalty, to me they epitamise the class system which I believe holds this country back. However, the queen was so dedicated to her public service she certainly lead by example, and example many others in public office could do with learning from. So I have a lot of respect for her, if not the instituition. It will be very interesting to see how Charlie fares.

Condolences to the UK and Commonwealth. Best wishes to King Charles III.

She was an amazing lady from what I could see from news over the years.

I was very much anti-monarchy until I watched 'The Crown'. Queen Elizabeth was an amazing person, incredible strength and a great loss worldwide. As for the rest of em (Princess Diana excepted)................
Crikey your easily led then, you didn’t like the monarchy until you saw a tv program then you changed your mind lol haha

Crikey your easily led then, you didn’t like the monarchy until you saw a tv program then you changed your mind lol haha
Not easily led, just didnt appreciate the responsibilities and expectations placed upon her at the time, I hated history at school with a passion. The Crown I found a very easy going history lesson about our queen and I feel she was amazing. As I said with the exception of Diana, the rest can ....................

Diana was a pathetic simpering attention seeker but that is just my opinion, in fact Harry has married someone just like his mother a woe is me parasite. I'm no Royal lover but Camilla is far more suited to the 'role'.

Last edited:
I do wish QEII Rest in Peace and good luck to the rest of the family.

Camilla does support KC. much more than Diana could/would.

Diana was a pathetic simpering attention seeker but that is just my opinion, in fact Harry has married someone just like his mother a woe is me parasite. I'm no Royal lover but Camilla is far more suited to the 'role'.
Absolutely correct.. It is a wonder she has not been made the patron saint of lesbian man haters. Diane was an adultress that had sex with the Hewitt?? fellow [the army officer], the al-fayed bloke, the rugby player and lord knows who else

john..

They probably already have something lined up to profit from his mother's death. If there is a Buck to be made from it they will.

Megan and Harry are just interested in their next pay cheque from the American media.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Awful pair, and they told us they wanted to live a quiet life in the USA
I totally get where Harry is coming from, after all the media hounded his mother to death, hence leaving the firm. Trouble is he has no income bar being royal, so has to court the media dollars. Not that I'm a fan of Diana, in fact I like pointing out Diana fans that their obsession pushed the media in hounding her to death. It doesn't go down well 🤣

I totally get where Harry is coming from, after all the media hounded his mother to death, hence leaving the firm. Trouble is he has no income bar being royal, so has to court the media dollars. Not that I'm a fan of Diana, in fact I like pointing out Diana fans that their obsession pushed the media in hounding her to death. It doesn't go down well 🤣
The media didn't hound her to death she loved the attention. What killed her was getting into a car being driven by someone who was half cut. All Harry needs to do now he has opted out of Royal life is to get a job and live by his means like all normal people which he claims he is striving to be.