Same someone - more kakkiness

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Call today, from the same guys I wrote about yesterday:

They`ve got a commecial property, with 2 x 4KW installs. 32 NSI panels, and Diehl Ako 3800S x 2.

Now, because most of last year we had NSI 96-M panels, which have a Voc of 59.8, we were having 2 strings of 8.

So these pratts have 4 strings coming from the roof..........only these panels aren`t 96-M`s, and only have a Voc of 35V :Chair fall

The scaff has been removed, and its a 4 storey building.

The reason for the `phone call? " We don`t know why they don`t work".

So I told `em.

"Can we do anything from the ground, or do I have to pay for scaff to go back up?"

" It can be done from the ground, but it is against H&S, MCS, 7671 and your PLI rules. Furthermore, if your "spark" can`t work out how to do it, he isn`t competent to attempt it - so I`m not going to explain it to him."

.........Is it just me?

Or are these people thicker `n a brick?

p.s. They`ve just been on, sat and (presumably) passed a PV course. :innocent
Fell%20off%20of%20my%20chair.gif
ROTFWL :slap

Last edited by a moderator:
:slap

it just gets better and better

are they really that stoopid?

and is he really a spark?

actually, I know the answers, one is no and one is yes, :|

So quite apart from the fact he didn't RTFM and wired it wrong, they took the scaffold down BEFORE testing that it actually worked?

Yes - but when "dim jim" attempted to combine the strings:

" I`ve gone from having 9.1A Isc to 18.2A; so I KNOW I`ve done it right, but it still isn`t working"

So I sweetly said " Then you should stick to making tea and sweeping up, cos you`re f`in useless, and I`m not going to tell you how to do it. Ask your boss there if he wants to employ me to come and do it for him - I`ll be ( a bit) cheaper than re-scaffolding it" :slap :slap

so muppet face used them 3way MC4 connectors he only learned the existance of in the PV course the other week and ended up with 2 strings in parallel instead of 1 string.

If Mr Kack is going to rewire the DC side, best advise him to do it at night when the panels are not generating. Given his level of expertise, it could get nasty if he tries reconfiguring the DC side while it's generating.

And that's not a joke. 500V of DC could well be fatal.

Mr Kack doesnt appear to know HOW to rewire the dc side, so him being able to do it safely is completely out the window..