Scheme withdrawal

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mick,All that I was trying to say is that, rightly or wrongly, some of the general public will have greater confidence in a contractor who is a member of a trade body (scheme provider). They generally perceive that those contractor who are in a scheme meet a minimum requirement (skills, insurance, honesty, etc) and that they will have some recourse if something goes wrong.
I'm quite sure NOZ that you are correct in your assessment of what the general public would believe .

But can you believe that many of the SCAM members have no more experience than taking a couple of quick college courses and managing to pass the appropriate exams are then deemed to be more valuable than some time seved spark who has 20 , 30 , maybe 40 years experience behind them .

I'm quite sure NOZ that you are correct in your assessment of what the general public would believe .But can you believe that many of the SCAM members have no more experience than taking a couple of quick college courses and managing to pass the appropriate exams are then deemed to be more valuable than some time seved spark who has 20 , 30 , maybe 40 years experience behind them .
Also perfectly true. However, we can ***** about it until half a mile of East; and , because of the income it generated to both the providers & gov`t., it`s here to stay.

We, collectively, just have to deal with it. Rise above the nonsense; and be ready to go in behind these "wonder-sparx", and pull good money to correct their cock-ups.

If you are a "part p", reading this and preparing to reply, vitriol drooling from your pores, don`t. You aren`t the one I`m getting at.

I'm quite sure NOZ that you are correct in your assessment of what the general public would believe .But can you believe that many of the SCAM members have no more experience than taking a couple of quick college courses and managing to pass the appropriate exams are then deemed to be more valuable than some time seved spark who has 20 , 30 , maybe 40 years experience behind them .
Tis a little simplistic to Say that a someone can get membership with just a few college course's

I do believe there are requirements to prove examples of work.

been trading for at least 12 months,

have Public liability insurance,

relevant documentation & publications etc.

prove knowledge & understanding of BS7671 etc.. etc..

There are also many "time served" sparks....

who are set in there ways. stuck in a rut not willing to change.

who don't understand some of the fundamentals of electrical theory.

carry no public liability insurance

Do not compile certificates.. etc.. etc...

Tis not quite as simplistic as you make out..

Additionally organisations such as NICEIC..

are actually NON profit making voluntary regulatory body!

And in real terms the cost of membership are probably no more than a couple of days work?

If a business cannot Carry these costs..

It is probably not a very good business??? ;)

OK guys you've convinced me....

Start a collection (I'm skint) for me and I'll continue with the scheme..

:^O

Don't worry extension15, my boys will ensure the forum members will hand over the required monies.

Don

Don't worry extension15, my boys will ensure the forum members will hand over the required monies.Don
Please don't send the boys round. :( :eek: :O:O

I have put ALL of my lose cash,

Bank account details.

Credit card details.

Building society books.

me mothers maiden name in a registered over-night courier service..

direct to your boys normal collection point...

It should be there in the morning before 9:00am.

Take all you need..

Indeed Mr Don, Sir.. Should you require it.

I shall post the car keys, house keys,

all my clothes, and throw in the wife for good measure! :eek: :| :| :) :)