Screwfix Website & Weird Problem?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has got to be a wind up, or ewhat would the chances of that be?

Mind you im off to check my trolley!

no deffo mine who else could get 15 different lines for less than £9 without even trying.

no deffo mine who else could get 15 different lines for less than £9 without even trying.
I think you will find you have my trolley at that price,

as an aside, anyone been to asda lately, they are selling trolleys for a quid, I got half a dozen of them, couldnt resist them at that price, got to be worth it for the wheels alone!  :D

they are charging you a quid for a trolley? they are free up here!

and for those that are not free, you can usually get them free by either pulling chain out, or sticking a knife blade or something in to release it. and to top it off, you can score for £1 when you take it back and swap someone a quid for the trolley....

and for those that are not free, you can usually get them free by either pulling chain out, or sticking a knife blade or something in to release it. and to top it off, you can score for £1 when you take it back and swap someone a quid for the trolley....
can you post me some down?  :|

collection only from the local Asda (actually, i think both local asda's are free)

and as for the wheels, i wouldnt buy take the trolley just for them...

Last edited by a moderator:

We had to take a relative to catch a train.  They wanted a £ for a luggage trolley but none of us had any change.

So we started carrying her luggage along the platform (her seat was in the front carriage)

Part way along, we came upon a lonely, unused luggage trolley just sitting there, so we took it and used it.

It was only some time later we though some poor bloke had probably paid £1 for it, and in the time it took him to load the luggage onto the train and bid his friends farewell, someone had nicked his trolley.  And his £1. Whoops,

Don't worry Dave, thats probably how he got it!! 

The guy you passed at the beginning of the platform, the one that looked as though he'd been there days sleeping rough, it was originally his trolley, he's been trying to track his pound down since. It's a Scottish thing apparently, they hate to lose sight of a pound!!! :coat

Sent SF a email, hopefully they will sort it out, funny world where out of all the people who use that websites its two TEF members...

Bit off topic but around here if you try to take a trolley out the car park things drop down over the wheel so you cant push it anymore and theres a sign informing you of this, how on earth does that work?!

Bit off topic but around here if you try to take a trolley out the car park things drop down over the wheel so you cant push it anymore and theres a sign informing you of this, how on earth does that work?!
they have one of them in Golborne too, big sign warning you about it,

no idea how it works though, but I have saw people carrying their trolleys over the road anyway,

a pound is a pound I suppose.  :)

Email from SF today..

Dear Jonathan

Thank you for your email regarding using Screwfix.com.      

I am sorry to read that when signed in, you are viewing another customer’s profile. I can confirm that we take data protection very seriously are currently investigating this issue.

Due to the Christmas period, we may not be able to respond as quickly as we would normally wish. Your custom is important to us, therefore, if you have an alternative email address, we would advise to create a new account for the time being.

I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused and will be in contact with you again shortly.

If I can be of any further assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Regards

Latest posts