self assesment question......

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jibspark

Electrician
Reaction score
hi all!

I'm just about to start my self assessment but i want to complete it and then save it so i can have a friend look at it (plus im still awaiting some CIS slips) before i submit, is this possible?

any help would be great! :D

You can save it and not submit it.

I don't think they do CIS slips any more. I get a monthly statement.

You don't need the slips or statement to file your tax, as long as you know how much you were paid, you can work out how much tax was paid.

I filed mine late at night on the 9th, just before Easter. The refund was in my bank on the 16th.

cheers guys!

cool! i will fill it all in and then just save it for now, can you make any amendments after saving it?

im talking about the 08-09 return, i have a record of all invoices etc with a breakdown of cis payments , i just wanted to make sure the firm ive been subbying for haven't made any mistakes, all the slips / statements should be in the post but hmrc told me i get fined if i dont have them on record.

that refund is well quick! do they take your class4 ni out of your refund or bill you for it later in the year?

They take the class 4 then refund the rest. It did say on the site something about being able to make amendments, something about up to 9 times. Don't think you used to be able to?

cool! well ive done it and im very happy!! :D

bit of money should come in handy as im out of work next week!