Short Term Communications Work

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
I have been asked to put the feelers out on the forum to see if there would be anybody who fancies a few months work in a Fire Brigade communications department.

I would say this would be ideal for those starting out in the world of work but is open to any who are interested.

I have no idea of the money on offer as this will be discussed in an interview, but the contract will be on a temporary 12 week term for two persons.

As a dept we need to get a few major high priority projects completed by Jan 2015, as there are only two in the dept who are hands on tools we are pushed for time.

The role will be as a member of a comms team (making 4 of us out on the road in teams of 2). The work type varies daily so to give an idea of what we do;

Type of work (some of it):

• Installation + fault finding & repair + software/hardware upgrades to in-vehicle, satellite comms equipment/data systems/cctv/mobile phones/radio systems. (vehicles range from cars, 4x4's,HGV & boats).
  • Removal of communications equipment from old vehicles before disposal.
  • Installation + fault find & repair to data/networking/WiFi equipment at 20 sites across Berkshire.
  • In workshop work; bench work repairing handheld radios/pagers.
  • Project work includes a new data system and peripheral equipment at 18 sites with some TPN & SP electrical work involved (looking at 4 - 5 months work)
  • Another project is New HQ building move & involves setting up hundreds of work stations a fair few printers, there will be electrical works of all descriptions (1-2 months)
  • When old HQ site is vacated redundant systems to be removed.
  • Helping the IT dept when needed.
  • Programmed & emergency electrical work at all sites.
So if you are interested & have a full driving license pm me your contact details & I shall pass them on to our HR dept, who will contact you & arrange an interview.

Latest posts