Shower Repairs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sprocketflup

BDSM SUB & SWAGFAG™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took a call from a woman today syaing she has a problem with a Triton Martinique shower, in that it will run hot for a minute or two then go cold.

From what I can glean from this website it may well be the thermal cut out thats gone. the unit is just over 2 years old so is out of warranty.

Has anyone ever repaired a shower unit like this? if so,is it an easy fix? you knwo when you just get the feeling that a particular job is going to be trouble...... i havent even been to the house yet and im getting that feeling from this.

Personally I try not to get involved in repairing them.

You can spend a lot of time fault finding, ordering the part, waiting for it, going back to fit it. That sort of fault sounds like a mechanical fault in the bit that senses water flow and turns on the heater.

I usually recommend fitting a new Wickes shower, which is a Triton with Wickes name on it and a lot cheaper than if it had the Triton name on it.

Considering the saving in labour it can work out cheaper doing that, and a lot less hassle for you.

What Dave says .

Or tell them to phone the Triton repair dept , bit expensive but they are good and often have the parts with them .

Or phone them your self, they used to be helpful and would often diagnose the problem and send you the appropriate part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or try swapping/cleaning the shower head and checking service valves are fully open, the PDF from Triton says this could be the cause.....

Also ask if anyone is flushing loo, opening taps etc when shower in use.

If not, go with what PD says, although Electric fix tend to be cheaper than Wickes down this way.

B.

Took a call from a woman today syaing she has a problem with a Triton Martinique shower, in that it will run hot for a minute or two then go cold.From what I can glean from this website it may well be the thermal cut out thats gone. the unit is just over 2 years old so is out of warranty.

Has anyone ever repaired a shower unit like this? if so,is it an easy fix? you knwo when you just get the feeling that a particular job is going to be trouble...... i havent even been to the house yet and im getting that feeling from this.
I think you will find the problem is thew main power PCB...

Took a call from a woman today syaing she has a problem with a Triton Martinique shower, in that it will run hot for a minute or two then go cold.
It's called the 'husband' setting. Stops the missus spending too long in the shower.

:D

The "husband" setting...LOL... had a young lad tell me that his

sister kicked off about the shower cutting out after 15 minutes.

15 MINUTES? bad day explode

Why you need a new kitchen and the whole renovation, mess, etc.
All the more that you like the layout of the kitchen
For a fraction of your 6k budget you can renovate your kitchen to look like new

Why you need a new kitchen and the whole renovation, mess, etc.
All the more that you like the layout of the kitchen
For a fraction of your 6k budget you can renovate your kitchen to look like new
@martin1973

Please refrain from posting links that could be advertising.

Should you require the forum sponsorship details then please send me a PM.

Latest posts