Shower tripping RCD

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Noz,

Point taken. I did test as well as disconnected. I didn't explain clearly enough, as with other posts. I will work on that.

Thanks

Hi DocI found this link which has numbered the parts.

Triton T80si Pumped | Triton | Shower Spares | Shower Doctor

I'm going to put 240v across the solenoid and motor today and post back the results.

Thank you.
Bloody hell, I have spent the best part of two hours making the numbered tabs and doing this:

Triton-T80i-Pumped-Electric-Shower-85kW-95kW-on-talkelectricianforumcouk.png

:_| :_| :_|

Admin, on your diagram, at the bottom, I think you may have gotten the very first part of the triton webpage wrong, ww2 rather than www.AndyGuinness
No mate, that is their correct web address. :)

Disconnected Neutral from the motor and it tripped so the fault was between Live and Earth on the motor. The motor is totally dead.!

PB
could be anywhere on the winding. may be towards the live side, or may be towards the neutral side. fact is, by disconnecting the neutral, the voltage leaking to earth will most likely be higher than it would be with the neutral connected.

you really need to get a test kit and learn how to use it.

Nice one Admin for that diagram. That is just what I needed to learn more about these. Thanks ever so much mate. Scoobed