Signing Off For Building Control

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"The trouble with British trades is they charge too much and drink tea all day.

These hard working honest eastern Europeans charge a fraction of the price and do a job just as good if not better."

:slap   :slap   :slap

Never a truer word spoken.

Unless he falsely claimed to be a NICEIC member, THEN they would have him in court.

Not for doing dangerous work, or failing to test and document the results properly, but for copyright infringement. 
Along with the even more important fact that they have lost a potential income as well. Obviously that they are not money led, being a charity and all that

The guy obviously does not have a clue about electrics. I will leave others to spot the faults although it amuses me he has a 20mm earth and a 2 wire TNS supply.

I think you should blank out the customers details. Leave in the 'electricians' though.
Im confused with this,

of course its 2 wire supply,

2 lives,

unless its a 2 or 3 phase supply of course,

is this yet another area where everyone has a different opinion as to what consists of a wire?

:|

Well you could  of  got  Joe from the the  pub to do it, then  you  would have no paperwork  at all. To me the  question should be about the work done   not the paper filled in.,  it  is at  least an effort.

Im confused with this,

of course its 2 wire supply,

2 lives,

unless its a 2 or 3 phase supply of course,

is this yet another area where everyone has a different opinion as to what consists of a wire?

:|
Your quite right there, i edited that before i posted it and cant remember what i meant to say (well there is so much to choose from) 

Well you could  of  got  Joe from the the  pub to do it, then  you  would have no paperwork  at all. To me the  question should be about the work done   not the paper filled in.,  it  is at  least an effort.
At least an effort! Your having a steffy mate.... why the **** should I pay a small fortune every year and be assessed,  yet have to put up with ***** like this doing shite work (if the cert is anything to go by) and our supposedly governing bodies and lbc doing shag all to clamp down and police this crap.

I signed up for part of at the outset thinking it would be good for the industry.  Boy I must have been pissed that day it's turned out to be **** all more than a money generating scheme for the scam operators.....bitter **** YES and I hope tony c and his mates at the niceic take note.

I must apologize for my rant.................had been to the rugby club quiz night & had a few sherberts to many during the lock in......................yes my head was banging later in the morning.

All the same I do hope at some point the NICEIC & others take note of the unrest in the trade, with regard to the likes of the cert on offer in the op.

Latest posts