Simple alarm question

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Got a call from customer asking me to disconnect their current alarm as they're having a new monitored alarm put in.

Havent had anything to do with alarms so know next to nothing. Do I just disconnect the batteries from the panel and outside box then remove the fuse. Not sure on alarm make but is this the usual setup.

Cheers

Open the panel then put in the code. It will go off when u open it. Disconnect mains an batteries. Your done

Open the panel then put in the code. It will go off when u open it. Disconnect mains an batteries. Your done
Unless there is a working battery in the bellbox, Then you will need to disconnect that too.

There are ways to shut these up without ladders. I did write it in this reply but then changed my mind as it could be dangerous if you don't know what your doing. Best to just get the ladders off. ...

There are ways to shut these up without ladders. I did write it in this reply but then changed my mind as it could be dangerous if you don't know what your doing. Best to just get the ladders off. ...
have used that method in the past. but only when absolutely necessary (i was going to post the same thing, but thought i better not)

I assume your talking of sticking mains down the bell cable & voll

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 19:14 ---------- Previous post was made at 19:12 ----------

If it's a texecom bell box, There is a safe way that works 90% of the time. But if you don't do alarms, your not likely to spot a texe box.

Let it ring for 20 min :slap ]:)
default_good%20luck.gif

...---------- Post Auto-Merged at 19:14 ---------- Previous post was made at 19:12 ----------

If it's a texecom bell box, There is a safe way that works 90% of the time. But if you don't do alarms, your not likely to spot a texe box.
That being engaging engineer hold off mode by use of the strobe?

That being engaging engineer hold off mode by use of the strobe?
Yes and no, you can supposedly engage the hold off by pulsing the strobe to -ve three times. Little success rate with that one to be honest. Alot easier and more successful to remove all bellbox wires from panel and twist all the ends together. Sends itself to sleep then. Or at least it used to, not fitted one for a couple of years.

Ah right that's strange. Ive found engineer hold off to work fine. Maybe they've improved their boxes of late.