smoke alarms/emergency lighting cert.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ichinen

Reaction score
Does anyone know the requirements for the inspection and testing of these installation? how does it work? I mean, what kind of qualification do i need? aren't they part of "C&G 2391"?

Thanks!

There are two parts to inspection and testing of these items (assuming the smokes are mains powered).

1. They should be tested the same as any other circuit as described in BS7671.

2. There are additional checks to ascertain the items are working correctly & give off the correct light/ sound levels. This varies depending on the type of installation. Most emergency lights should illuminate for 3 hours.

Emergency lights usually tested for 15 mins every month 11months, with a yearly annual 3hr test.

Always best in the summer am this allows batteries to recharge when it is lightest.

Smoke alarms mainly 100% test of devices per annum 1/2 yearly or 1/4rly.take your pick.

Gas or incense stick. No Paper in a metal bin you burn your hands.

Heat detectors other kit required .

We use a hair drier. Used to use a heat gun, but i melted a few heads being impatient Blushing
If you use a hairdryer. How do you know at what temperature the device is activated.

MaccaGuiness Drink