snotty rabbit

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L-E_Fault

Reaction score
Alright Patch, I've got a rabbit with a white discharge coming from her nose, and shes gone off her food, any thoughts?

my girlfreinds rabbits had the same, take to vet it can kill them if it gets on the chest

there seems to be many threads for patch the last few days.... dont ask too many more or he will join the royal mail and strike over conditions etc!

Upper respiratory tract infections are common in rabbits and usually caused by a bacteria called pasturella.

Bunny will need a course of antibiotics and you may need to force feed it. Your vet will likely give you a sachet to mix with water that can be syringed into its mouth. Not eating is very serious in rabbits.

Get an appointment tomorrow. In the mean time tempt it with anything me may like - carrots lettuce etc. Clear some secretion from it's nose with moistened cotton wool.

i had to syringe in the mouth it was ok when the rabbits was lethargic from infection but when the antibiotics started to work it was a right game getting them to take it.

then one of them got it bad again so had to have 3 injections at

i had to syringe in the mouth it was ok when the rabbits was lethargic from infection but when the antibiotics started to work it was a right game getting them to take it.then one of them got it bad again so had to have 3 injections at

Do you know what the injections were? Sounds expensive. Did you cost a new rabbit? ;)
should have done;\

not sure but had to have 3 first one at

Yes, just not too much or it upsets their stomach and gives them diarrhoea. That's bad because they eat their own faeces. :D
might try it, till now thought it was just a no.

girlfreind got a list of what to feed em they eat all sorts,

strawberry, grape, plum (not stone), apple(not core),

cabbage, greens, carrot and tops, constent supply of grass and hay

Took the rabbit to the vet yesterday (Monday) the vet gave here three injections and told us to return today to see how she got on overnight. As far as I could see there was no improvement, so took her in this morning and the vet told me she would have to come in so they can force feed her and give her an injection every day. The cost of this would be

Tim, I am sorry your rabbit had to be put to sleep, and i do appreciate you letting us know how you got on.

I'm sure the vet took no pleasure in putting your rabbit to sleep and just like your small business they do need to make a few quid so that they are there when you need them.