Snow.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It makes me laugh. We had the first significant snow in November and have had several lots since.

As soon as the snow arrives in the South, the news headlines are "winter has finally arrived"

If it snows in the North, it's not newsworthy.

Snow is part of winter. Get used to it. Why do you think I drive a 4WD?

What I like about being up here is there's a lot less traffic on the road, so even when it snows, you are less likely to find the roads blocked by incompetent ill prepared drivers, and more likely to get to your destination.

It used to frustrate the hell out of me when I used to be in the South. When we had snow my car was capable of getting through, if only the roads were not totally grid locked due to someone stuck on a hill.

Last edited by a moderator:
a good six inches here, might have to put the chains on later if I venture out.

some sleet yesterday, mostly gone by morning, almost gone completely now

had 1 day of snow in december, all gone by the next morning

snow has had quite a pathetic attempt up here

I'm near Patch, he needs a 4x4
Not a lot of good if someone wants a cow calving and I can't get!

A picture from last winter, not stuck just parked

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzgtMjAxMDEyMDItMTEwMC5qcGc-1.jpg

Going over the moors between Wensleydale and Swaledale good fun in this weather.

try going into your CP and make sure Admin hasnt messed everything up again.Im surprised he hasnt everybody set for the valleys as default!!! :slap
Tomorrow he,s changing all the flags to the Welsh Dragon.

Then it'll be " Taffs only " on here .

And then it'll be Welsh language only.

Hey Ev,

did I see you on the M6 heading south between J2 and J1 about 1pm today?

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 16:08 ---------- Previous post was made at 16:06 ----------

PS I managed to reinstate my location after some searching of control panel (after I'd managed to work out that CP = control panel that is!!)

Chaarming! I wasn't even online and I get the fault for the missing Locations. (Actually, you aren't very observant, because they have been gone since the last forum upgrade - As stated, you need to go into your UserCP and redo it).

Sandra, It was YOUR idea to change all the locations to Welsh ones, AND so to, was it your idea to do the same to the Flags.

AND you wanted to teach every how to speak welsh too.

:slap

pardwn beth wnaethoch chi ei ddweud? :slap

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:04 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:03 ----------

Well, just to let you guys know that we've probably had the best day of the year up here. Not a single bit of snow:)I've got to go to Lichfield next Sunday so I hope the weather's ok by then
what you going all the way up here for nozzy?

Well i don't think i will bother again putting my location up after all i don't want everybody knowing I'm a southerner and from Bucks as well.

:)

pardwn beth wnaethoch chi ei ddweud? :slap ---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:04 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:03 ----------

what you going all the way up here for nozzy?
Bought another boat on ebay:O got to pick it up;)

Apparently it's in Little Hay!

Oh, although I am Welsh, I don't speak it:(

Latest posts