Snow.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well its here we have quite a few inches started about 5 o'clock and hasn't stopped and as its quite windy i think drifts may be a problem. :(

Very sad here. On call. Discovery with a full tank of diesel. No calls (except a woman ringing me up to say her pig was shivering! seriously) and maybe a whole inch of snow :(

No fun

ahhh, well I left home at 12 today to go towards coventry and it started snowing,

snowed and hailstoned until I hit Birmingham,

I done my business and turned around, snowed/hailed the whole way back and hasnt stopped yet,

maybe 3-4" , looks lovely, :D

dont fancy driving tomorrow though with all the idiots on the road doing 10mph!

Can you buy coats for pigs? A plasterer i know traded his BMW in for a four wheel drive ready for the winter he was well disappointed we hadn't had any snow yet his wish has come true.

About 3" to 4" in North Brum , The usual parts trying to drive up our road at full throttle .

Its highlighted a problem I'd not considered, a layer of snow on the Freesat dish and digital TV shuts down.

Batty, where abouts are you?

I can totally understand ProDave having a 4X4,

maybe even Apache at a push if he does farm tracks,

but, c'mon, anyone living in normal England doesnt need a 4X4 unless they cant drive,

FFS, my mate lives on the Isle of Man and only this year has he bought a non RWD as his missus is learning to drive,

and Im sure the Rev will tell you they get some "nice" weather over there.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 00:49 ---------- Previous post was made at 00:48 ----------

About 3" to 4" in North Brum , The usual parts trying to drive up our road at full throttle . Its highlighted a problem I'd not considered, a layer of snow on the Freesat dish and digital TV shuts down.
brush on a stick?

I am in Bucks thats a point where has my location gone. My Transit is useless in the snow damn will have to have a few days off.

Just got back to Lutty from Cannock. Had to sweep about 4 inch off before leaving. The M6 doesn't seem to have been ploughed at all, it's 2 slippy lanes all the way, sometimes only one.

dunno Batty, where has your location gone?

maybe Bucks has been kidnapped and Admin wont pay the ransom! (dont blame him, I wouldnt either ;) )

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 00:56 ---------- Previous post was made at 00:54 ----------

Just got back to Lutty from Cannock. Had to sweep about 4 inch off before leaving. The M6 doesn't seem to have been ploughed at all, it's 2 slippy lanes all the way, sometimes only one.
It was starting to lie on it on my way up, all the signs saying spreading, well I saw 1 spreader from Brum to Mcr, and that was just before the 62!

try going into your CP and make sure Admin hasnt messed everything up again.

Im surprised he hasnt everybody set for the valleys as default!!! :slap

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 00:49 ---------- Previous post was made at 00:48 ----------

brush on a stick?
DVDs

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 01:17 ---------- Previous post was made at 01:13 ----------

My locations gone as well .................Don't panic!!....DON'T PANIC

DVDs---------- Post Auto-Merged at 01:17 ---------- Previous post was made at 01:13 ----------

My locations gone as well .................Don't panic!!....DON'T PANIC
I have my towel