Social media

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just a quick survey, how many on here use social media to promote their business?

I have a facebook page and have just signed up to twitter, are they any use for boosting either business or just getting your name out there?

No I don't understand it TBH, although I'm on Bookface to follow the fortunes of someone who moved to Spain.

And I seem to have 100s of friends I've never heard of.

I find it weird TBH so rarely go there.

Whether its any good for advertising I just don't know .

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a quick survey, how many on here use social media to promote their business?I have a facebook page and have just signed up to twitter, are they any use for boosting either business or just getting your name out there?
Have you tried looking from the customers perspective? Use the social media sites you are considering to find local electricians in your area. If there are very few you can locate it may be an indication of either little real opportunities generated or a large potential waiting for you to start a trend. If there are quite a few, it may imply that they all consider it a reasonably worthwhile promotion tool.

Doc H.

+1

I do have a facybook account, aparantly my wife set it up but I don't use it. Can't see the point? if I want to communicate something to friends and family, I send them an email.

I can't honestly think why anyone would think of searching on facebook for a tradesman? perhaps a regular user of such things would care to comment?

Hi All,

I have always maintained that they called it "Face" book, as the intended audience would be quite unable to spell "picture" !!!

Having said that, i do have a facebook account that someone else set up for me. I never use it in the sense that all the chavs do, although, i have used it to find long lost people from years ago, that is all it is good for in my opinion...

I had no idea that you could use it to promote services, but i did see a young lady on there once that was, shall we say, self employed...In a labour only role, is you get me.....

Still, if you COULD use it to promote your electrical businesses, i would be more that a little concerned as to the type of customers that you would attract, and whether they actually had the money to pay you....

Still, if the young lady i mentioned above wanted her "sockets testing" i would be straight round there, probe at the ready, so to speak!!!!!!!!!!!!

john....

LINKEDIN is the only one I'm on. And that's "business" orientated TBH. Facebook..........the wife spends hours on it! Hoping she'll find an ex who'll take her off me hands. :)

Imagine the scene; you contact a late paying customer via Facebook and they reply 'sorry can't pay you, not got any money LOL'

Son's partner [and the present Mrs Kerching] spend half their freaking lives on it. I can have total silence punctuated with shrieks of laughter/chuckles etc followed by 'as if', or they enter into biatching wars. OR spend all night bookfacing the same people they have worked with all fricking day FFS......... :coat

Imagine the scene; you contact a late paying customer via Facebook and they reply 'sorry can't pay you, not got any money LOL'Son's partner [and the present Mrs Kerching] spend half their freaking lives on it. I can have total silence punctuated with shrieks of laughter/chuckles etc followed by 'as if', or they enter into biatching wars. OR spend all night bookfacing the same people they have worked with all fricking day FFS......... :coat
I swear this is TRUE. I've walked past my 13 year old's room when he's on it and hear him commenting out loud as he'd reading peoples messages. I've heard him snort/grunt and actually say "L.O.L!" when he's found something funny. Not "LOL!" but he says each letter INSTEAD of actually laughing. Then if something's a bit sad we hear "Oh no! Sad face!".

I just logged in to my Facebook thing .............na!!! still don't get it really.

What did it tell me :-

My deceased mate's daughter is having a baby. ( Fair enough I suppose)

A sparky I worked with for years supports Birmingham City FC ( I knew that ... the fool )

There are photos of about 100 total strangers on the page ( Whats that about ?)

I'm on Friends Reunited schoolmates thing, that hardly ever changes .

Genes Reunited has been good with family history TBH.

Both me and streety do have facebook pages, i stay in contact with alot of family that live abroad on there, also alot of old school friends, and yes i am one of those people who play games on there aswell!

but having said that i do promote our business on there both directly on our pages, and also on some other groups that i am on. tbh its mainly to get our name out there, we have had a few enquiries from there but no work off it as of yet!

i dont do twitter i dont like it!

Remember at school, kids coming up to you saying 'Please will you be my friend?, please will you be my bestest friend ever??'Ring any bells?

No?

Maybe just me then.....must go as the wifes friend has sent her a tree to go on her farm!....... :coat
I was with you until the bit about the tree for the wife's farm TBH !!

I was with you until the bit about the tree for the wife's farm TBH !!
I wasent with him until he started talking about the tree and the farm lol some faceache game I believe. I don't have a faceache page or will ever have one.

Latest posts