Social media

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a facebook account, it seems that a few of you are "friends";)

It was origionally set up by my wife so that she could send herself trees, cows, pigs and chickens:O however I have started to post business type stuff, I tend to post things but not as often as I'd like.... Treating it as a way to network (without the breakfasts)

I have had jobs from it, but they have been mainly for people who I have known as mates or past work mates,,, they want someone they know and an trust!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooerrrmmmm, It was a young lady i knew years ago. She was on the game... Cannot remember how i met her now, but anyway, i used to get on well with her, she was a nice person..

Sometimes i used to take her to meet punters! [i would hide around the corner of course]

I remember once, i had to take her to a local railway station as a punter wanted to "do business" shall we say, in the bushes outside!!!! When she came back to the car, she was going mad, cos it was not who she was expecting, he had sent his mate instead!!!!

Another time i took her to meet someone late at night on one of them retail parks. She said, "when you see the bloke, have a look at his face if you can. When we get back have another look, and see the state of him" ????

Turns out that this bloke was paying her wads of cash to beat him up and kick him in the face!!!! Takes all sorts i suppose!!!!

She could tell you some funny stories!!!! It would make you laugh!!! I asked her once what the most popular "service" was. I was quite surprised really. I cannot write such things on this forum, but let us say she would take lots of money off you to sit there and, well, sit there, while....How can i put this delicately.... What can i say.... it would be something along the same lines as having a dog and barking oneself!!!!! if you understand!!!!!

Anyway, time moved on, and we lost contact. Some time ago though, i entered her name into facebook, and there she was.... sort of advertising in a covert sort of way, she was using it to take bookings i think..

Anyway, i met a few of her friends too...What can i say about these girls.... First off, never forget, that they too once wanted a nice husband, and a nice house, and kids and a car, just like every other girl, but they lost their way in life a bit.

A few of them are just plain old nasty junkies, they do it out of choice, and they would rob anyone, or do anything to get money. They are not nice people.... A few of them are, basically though, bullied into doing it to support their boyfriend...

All junkie boys will tell you they burgle houses to get their drugs, no they do not, they might burgle houses yes, but they have all got a girlfriend on the game.

The average girl, was just that, average, not at all like you would think, just wanted to earn easy money...Some were genuinely nice people. There were a few that should not have been there, they were just out of their depth, but others could look after themselves, trust me on that.

Others were just as nice, but saw it as a proper business, in much the same way as you all run your electrical firms.

I used to drop my friend off at houses sometimes, and she would come back 20 minutes later with about

LOL John,

not in a bad way,

Ive done some work in certain establishments, and I agree with a lot of what you say, business is business.

Ive also done a lot of work in private/council housing, and I still agree with a lot of what you say, drugs cost money.

some people dont want to sit at home and feel sorry for themselves, and as much as it is a very hard choice, some choose to make money by whatever means they see fit,

the difference I found from your story is that most clients would be 30-50, mostly ringed, and only the very odd sub25, I woulda said 40's mainly, well heeled.

Hi Steps,

The saddest thing i noticed a few times is that there would be a lot of girls just sort of appear around christmas. Some of the regulars would be mean to them, others would try to help them.

It turns out that they were just desperate for some cash to buy their kids some stuff for christmas.... What they were saying was true too, as after christmas they would disappear...

We all know that there is more to loving your kids than material things, but these girls were just perhaps trying to give their kids things that they never had themselves...

Glad you liked my funny story though!!!!

john...

Back in the day I worked in [in an electrical way] one of these establishments. It was under the guise of a 'Sauna'. The owner/madam/service manager , a formidable piece called Karen [short, round, beehive hairdo, more makeup than Brucie] on the first day picked up my foreman by his

'clock-weights'...he was petrified and never went back!... :coat

Latest posts