Solar panels Vs battery only

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
g98 needed for up to 16a inverter, so thats a 3.6kw inverter.
g99 for above that, things are changing though.
they also have to be tested and on the register, waiting for the Victron 8k and 10k to be ready to g99 :)

Could you not change to an economy 7 meter (unless thats the meter you have?) and go back to edf on their new rates? (and assuming you have battery storage and dont use peak rate at all) Unless of course you sell back to the grid?, which you obviously couldn't do with the edf tariff..
SMETS 2 meters can do economy 7, the supplier just enables two rates with times applied. Had a customer last month who was on bulb economy 7, put a battery in for him, got his meter upgraded to SMETS 2 (only took a couple of weeks), supplier applied the economy 7 tariff to the SMETS 2 straight away. As shown on the in home display.
Simples.

some economy 7 tariffs pay monthly are as low as 4p night rate, im going to try and make a webpage soon that has the current list of available tariffs on as its a minefield and im getting some visibility to them as I move people over on various suppliers.

some economy 7 tariffs pay monthly are as low as 4p night rate, im going to try and make a webpage soon that has the current list of available tariffs on as its a minefield and im getting some visibility to them as I move people over on various suppliers.
I thought there was a difference between e7 and dual rate tariffs.
It used to be that e7 was essentially for heating and the energy companies could give your system a mid afternoon boost as it were. The e7 appliances were connected onto a separate output on the meter, during the none e7 times the appliances were dead.

The dual rate meters simply recorded consumption based upon time windows.

Maybe its all changed now?

I was present for a e7 meter swap out for a new smart meter in December, all the old time gear was removed (which used to run the dual meters, and a time clock that was about 6 hours wrong for god knows how many decades), replaced for new smart meter.

supplier uploaded two dates to the smart meter so the IHD was accurate.

Whole home get the E7 rate

E7 is the same as any other time of use tariff as far as I can tell

Locked to prevent hi-jacking (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts