Solis battery inverter query

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I understand the pylon grid side is the power to or from the grid blue is import from grid to house and export goes red towards inverter from pv micro inverters but the house in the bottom left always seems to be around 0.13kw when the solar doesn't export and the house is importing does any solis people. Know what the house is actually saying about the system

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230323_173959_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20230323_173959_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 2
I understand the pylon grid side is the power to or from the grid blue is import from grid to house and export goes red towards inverter from pv micro inverters but the house in the bottom left always seems to be around 0.13kw when the solar doesn't export and the house is importing does any solis people. Know what the house is actually saying about the system
Check the consumption meter is correctly connected if you have an RS485 version or CT clamp is in the right place and the inverter settings reflect this. Solis will allow the CT clamp/meter to be grid side or consumption side, depends on the application. If something is wrong then the data will be screwed up and the system potentially wont work properly on self consumption mode.

The downside of CT clamps is they don't deal very well with very low power flows. Anything below about 200w they tend to get wrong. The upside is they respond faster than meters to changes in energy flow above that.

Yes its probably not actually on the copper busbar but anywhere from that point following the isolator up to the cu above would do.

Another question why would my data of export and import be showing as Gwh instead of Kwh I replaced the solis data logger today from Wifi unit to a LAN connected unit and the data seems to be showing odd readings any ideas

Last edited:
No idea, but your one up on me, I fitted a LAN logger yesterday and it refuses to play nice, it seems to think its wifi but offline.

Look again, it has two clamps, one direct from the Solis and the other via the meter. Both are used as are mine.
The solar is the same cu as my inverter is connected and the surge protection see picture attached will this make a difference

Attachments

• IMG_20230222_220631.jpg
    IMG_20230222_220631.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20230221_164432.jpg
    IMG_20230221_164432.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 3
I would just put 1 CT as close to the mains in tails as I could and the other on the PV inverters mains supply.