Some Advice Please :)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delboy2028

Reaction score
I have moved home and it came with an optima g3 alarm 8ep 395 it all works except it says the door contact and garage door contact have a fault.

I have omited the garage contact and have replaced the door contact.

The door contact is detected when i open and close the door on a walk test how ever when i go to set the alarm it will not trigger the alarm the PIRS will but door contact wont..

any advice?

If it works on walk test but doesn't when its set, then it is programmed wrong.

I would guess its programmed as spare / not used when full set.

I can only suggest you check to see what it is programmed as, for which you will need the engineers manual

i have the manual in my hand and i went in to the program section were you can turn zones on and off and its set up zone 1 security... as is zone 2 and zone 3... zone 4 - 8 is disabled... checked wiring in the panel and its wired to zone 1

i dont think so i reset the system when i got here to factory defaults following the installation manual...

i cant post a link but if u google optima g3 the first link on tlc-direct is the manual..

it says engineering information on the front..

dont have a user one.

delboy2028 said:
it says engineering information on the front..

dont have a user one.
the one i have engineer one is the same as i keep finding online...

The default setting for zone 1 is timed. Usually for door entry/exit. When you tested the alarm did you allow sufficient time for the alarm to trigger after opening the door contact?

yes i did it is not even lighting up on the panel to say its activated... 

the only time zone 1 lights up on the panel is on walk test only..

am in no megga rush has no alarm since i have been here... nd i can fully work on it till friday... 

its just confusing me...

Just looked at the manual, it looks very much like it is programmed wrong. Looks like it is programmed as "disabled".

Walk test is to show  / indicate does it operate, It is not to show what it is programmed as. / programmed to do.

So by the fact it works in walk test indicates the zone in question is programmed wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
it certainly sounds like a programming issue,

does the zone led come on when you have the door open and try to set the alarm?

it certainly sounds like a programming issue,

does the zone led come on when you have the door open and try to set the alarm?

Welcome to the forum.

May I suggest you check the date of the last post BEFORE you reply. The post you are replying to was made back in May ( a long time in forums) and it was the last time the OP ever posted.