Sound Issue....

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshwizard

Honorary Life Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys...

The sound on my PC Speakers, sounds as if the person has been inhaling "Helium".

Any ideas on how I can overcome this problem please?

Serious answers now guys, Please.

I tried transferring my childrens Christmas Concert Videos to my PC last night - and they sounded as if they were on Helium. So I tried other samples of sound and they were the same.

Many Thanks & Seasons Greetings.

Welshy. :p

Turn down the treble and up with the bass? :D

Have they had too much of KME's Guinness ? Guiness DrinkGuiness Drink

Alternatively, maybe it's time to treat yourself to a new set for Chrimbo. Sounds like (no pun intended) the coil has shorted out between windings, which will damp the low-frequency part of the signal.

Hello Guys...The sound on my PC Speakers, sounds as if the person has been inhaling "Helium".

Welshy. :p
Mmm...

Sounds like the sampling rate has changed.. :|

For every reaction, there must be a action to proceed it....

You've changed something Wiz?

; \

Seen this a few times, it's invariably a driver problem.

I'd start by uninstalling the soundcard (remove the drivers), then reinstall known correct drivers.

Seen this a few times, it's invariably a driver problem.
I'd start by uninstalling the soundcard (remove the drivers), then reinstall known correct drivers.
How would I go about doing this please KW? And how do I check with soundcard drivers I need to re-install, Please? Thanks.

welshy, are you sureno files have been changed on your pc ?
Not as far as I am aware FS. :)

How would I go about doing this please KW? And how do I check with soundcard drivers I need to re-install, Please? Thanks.
Is your soundcard the onboard type (integrated with the motherboard), or is it a 3rd party model?

If it is integrated, post back the make & model of the motherboard.

If it is a 3rd party component, post back with the make & model of soundcard.

Welshy = have you still got the pile of CD's that came when you bought the computer? One of those will be the driver. Will give you a clue as to what it's called. You can uninstall it

Start --> Control Panel --> Uninstall Program

:)

hi,

download this link and then post your results or e-mail me them.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

This will tell me exactly whats the configuration of your computer and we'll resolve it from there.

The other option is to email me the sound file and I'll tell you what it is and what you need to reply it in.

HXass to all of you.

Welshy,

Make sure you remove ALL details relating to serial numbers of software you have installed BEFORE you send the Belarc report anywhere.

hi,

Sorry reading back on your posts its not just your recordings its appears to be all sound files.

So we have to discover what's causing the problem.

Starting with the simpleoperating system wavs do they play properly (start up chimes etc) Go to control panel and sound to play them?

Then go to internet utube and play a video does your sound work on that?

Next put a music CD in the player and what is that like.

Most importantly run the Belarc and tell me what sound devices are fitted to the system.

Lastly but probably the first check have you plugged your speakers into the correct port in the computer?

You should have blue pink and green, twin l/r speakers should go into the green plug.

Finally but again not last have you checked that the sound levels on your speakers have been manually set to mid point. then the sound level on your control panel "sound and audio devices" should be able to adjust the sound level.

Give me some more feedback and we'll crack it.

It's still there guys.

Calltronics, I have the results of the Belarc for you.

(I have tried other speakers - still the same) I have bought an audio lead for my LCD /PC monitor - but again, it is still the same.

It's still there guys. Calltronics, I have the results of the Belarc for you.

(I have tried other speakers - still the same) I have bought an audio lead for my LCD /PC monitor - but again, it is still the same.
You'd think you'd be used to it by now...........

:D

Latest posts