SP Networks G99 charges

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denmancentral

Reaction score
I phoned SP Energy Networks (I'm based in Glasgow) to ask about charges for processing a G99 application (I currently have G98 for PV and want to add AC coupled battery, 3.6kW output) and the guy said 'there might be a charge, maybe a few hundred quid but you have to submit an application to find out'.

Clearly this is pretty unhelpful - anyone have experience with SP Energy Networks and any charges?

DNOs in England do not charge, don't know about Scotland.
How insteresting....
Are you really such about that? Is that not DNO specific?
Many installers told me there is a charge (Scottish Power, in England North West). Or is it that they want you to pay for their time applying?

How insteresting....
Are you really such about that? Is that not DNO specific?
Many installers told me there is a charge (Scottish Power, in England North West). Or is it that they want you to pay for their time applying?
I've put hundreds of installations through Western Power, and never been charged. What happens elsewhere in the country I have no idea

Don't be in a hurry. Wait until after April

https://cms-lawnow.com/en/ealerts/2...rward-looking-charges-significant-code-review
From that link

"
From April 2023 the general rule will be that the connection charges paid under distribution network connection offers will be decreased, as the extent to which the necessary reinforcement to the existing network is recovered from the relevant customer will be reduced as against the current position. For connections serving demand for electricity (or mixed use connection sites with import and export) in most cases no reinforcement costs will be charged to the connecting customer.

These changes are designed to encourage a more dynamic and flexible energy system, in particular through the way in which distribution network operators manage reinforcement to the existing distribution network.

The reforms may also benefit domestic households installing heat pumps and electric vehicle chargers as the charge for any wider distribution network reinforcement will be removed in most circumstances. "