Speaker cable conduit

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianmacd

Reaction score
Hey all

Anyone see any issues with running some of this into a wall to allow speaker cables to be put in and changed?

Ian.

How are you going to terminate the conduit ends?

I have used this conduit before, I decided never to use it again, the ribs played havoc with getting cables in.

I guess there must be some technique to it as I noticed it a lot at a build in Italy with singles in it. I have ordered a role so will try getting cables in a bit of it and if that doesn't go well, sell it on fleabay in 5m lengths.

Ian.

I believe Flexicon & Adaptaflex both make a smooth bore conduit.

there is the old mouse trick, were u put a vac on 1 end and a small bag the other, make sure u put a light draw tape (dont know how efficent it would be on that small pipe)

bob

I guess there must be some technique to it as I noticed it a lot at a build in Italy with singles in it. I have ordered a role so will try getting cables in a bit of it and if that doesn't go well, sell it on fleabay in 5m lengths.Ian.
The Germans love the stuff but although it was flexible (steel) it was smooth internaly, this plastic stuff just did my head in.