Special offers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcgaw81

Reaction score
Having just looked through a local advertising paper we get thru the door and notice that there is an electrical contractor offering

Have 1 house fully rewired and get a 2nd house* rewired half price.

*similar size house.

This makes me think has anyone offered specials like these, or anything else (kept it clean!! ;) ). I would never offer to rewire a house at half price.

how many people have 2 houses for his offer to be valid.

i dont have any 'offers' of any kind - If you can survive on 'offers', then your doing and dont need to charge more

He is also advertising as a NICEIC Domestic Installer,

Is this not only under the Part P scope?. (England and Wales only)

Which excludes Scotland, surely he'd have to become a NICEIC Approved contractor, if he is advertising NICEIC.

he will be a 5 day electrician with the experience what so ever and making beer money.

this is why the trade is in such a mess, part p has really made a mess of things but we already know this dont we. :(

I done a search on the NICEIC website no sign of him.

It really pi**es me off when they advertise as members of associations, when they are not X( . People will see that logo and think he is registered, when he is clearly not.

I think i'll give him a call tomorrow and ask.

I'm in that mood today.!!!

he will be a 5 day electrician with the experience what so ever and making beer money.this is why the trade is in such a mess, part p has really made a mess of things but we already know this dont we. :(
But being in Scotland Domestic Installer is no use to him, although he is not even that.

We have no Part P up here just Hagis, neeps and tatties. ;)

Maybe he done a quick look on the net and 'found out' about part P, and so claims to be an NIC DI, then next week when he does a bit more research, he will discover he doesnt need to be DI in scotland....

Unless he is near border and does work in england?

I done a search on the NICEIC website no sign of him. It really pi**es me off when they advertise as members of associations, when they are not X( . People will see that logo and think he is registered, when he is clearly not.

I think i'll give him a call tomorrow and ask.

I'm in that mood today.!!!
Call NICEIC and report the barsteward - they truly hate people mis-representing them (and have legal clout to persue the issue)

Call NICEIC and report the barsteward - they truly hate people mis-representing them (and have legal clout to persue the issue)
Yes they are cracking down on them with all their might.

There has been an upsurge in companies claiming to be registered not only with the nic but also elesca and napit not forgetting of course eca.

Just report them to the niceic, and if they openly advertise then the local trading standards are likely to take immediate action.