Spell check

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ali

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm sure it's a silly question, but is there a spell check on the forum? I'm sure I read about one at some point.

I am a terrible speller and if it's there I can't find it.

Thanks,

Ali

dunno,

but when I spell something out of the ordinary it auto underlines it in red

Im sure its americanised though!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:09 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:08 ----------

mines noot like thaate,

its a red wobbly line I get.

Just testing .......... is this the right color ?......or is this the right colour ? Programme or program Progrum dunt seam too bee werkin on ear . Am I a plummer or a plumber

Hmm,

Thanks for all the help!

I think I'll just keep a dictionary by the computer and hope you lot are undereducated dullards and can't read anyway.
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

Hmm,Thanks for all the help!

I think I'll just keep a dictionary by the computer and hope you lot are undereducated dullards and can't read anyway.
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png
I think you have evaluated the educational level of the forum members very succinctly there Ali.

Doc H.

Ali

There used to be a spell check function that required a small download on your computer, but after the most recent upgrade it vanished. It was slow and cumbersome and I only used it at work.

What browser are you using? I have add ins for both FF and IE that check spelling so mine become underlined in red, but it's not the forum's doing. That is the way I'd go.

I have the 'British English Dictionary' in FF

You can't say things like that Doc, what about Specs ? He,s passed his Cycle Proficency Cert !!!

Not sure about Canoey though , as said in the Navy, he "could'nt pass a Marine on a bike" ;)

You can't say things like that Doc, what about Specs ? He,s passed his Cycle Proficency Cert !!! Not sure about Canoey though , as said in the Navy, he "could'nt pass a Marine on a bike" ;)
I failed my cycling proficiency test :(

Can't swim either (do have my 'puffin' badge - 5 meters with a floatation aid!)

But I do have a bachelor of Veterinary Medicine. Go figure.

:D

Does the new spell check on here work for you guys?

When I tested it in the past, it didn't appear to work for me. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear,

I didn't mean to cause a fuss.

This is still the best forum in the elextrical busness

Latest posts