strange twin and cpc

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't remember the name BUT it looks like that carp that was out in the 70s. Used a lot in Council Properties. It was [ I think] a form of prewired conduit that you ordered in pre-cut lengths. Shucking frite if I recall correctly. I think it was made by Meta flex, could it have been called Meta-Cable?............I dunno, ranting now, will ask Monsieur Merlot............... :coat

Can't remember the name BUT it looks like that carp that was out in the 70s. Used a lot in Council Properties. It was [ I think] a form of prewired conduit that you ordered in pre-cut lengths. Shucking frite if I recall correctly. I think it was made by Meta flex, could it have been called Meta-Cable?............I dunno, ranting now, will ask Monsieur Merlot............... :coat
Thats exactly what it is.

The property was an ex council property. Don't see this type of cable much anymore. Nightmare to strip.

These days you have to do it yourself, however there are similar cables available we have used them in hospitals they are made up and ready to install in modular systems.

its like that other must use stuff,

prewired conduit, it was so good the only people to use it was the council,

glad I only ever had to strip it out,!

Yes it surely is a pain, I wonder how they ever got 100M of that on a cable drum. Especially the 10mm cable that I stripped out.

Yes it surely is a pain, I wonder how they ever got 100M of that on a cable drum. Especially the 10mm cable that I stripped out.
They came in pre cut lengths, each were numbered and labelled as to what they were for, many of the council houses were identical so you would get a delivery for about 5 at a time all the same. Then you just had to fight for your install team to get a full set before they all went.

Amazingly some teams always wanted extra! So if you did not get there fast you could end up short.

they were basically made for the prefabs after the war, if I have it correct, and the councils kept on using them,

fockin nightmare stuff to work with, but as it could be made in precut lengths there was no waste so cheaper, and metal at a premium it 'helped' everyone,

so why TF did some want to use it 20+yrs later! headbang

What was that pre wired conduit called ? Came in a plastic oval segregated conduit, you could never get 3 core and earth. used it once. Absolutely shucking fite, had to install it mid winter, fricking conduit snapped when you bent it
That was the stuff I thought he was talking about until the photo's went up.

It had three compartments with a conductor in each, and loose at that.

Had a block of flats where customer had drilled for picture, thought it would be easy fix until I came across that stuff.

its like that other must use stuff,prewired conduit, it was so good the only people to use it was the council,

glad I only ever had to strip it out,!
Not quite, we used it on Haden housing (subsiduary of Haden Young) in 78

Edit, thinking about it, it was for the local council ! (Westminster)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts