Swalec want cert????

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ as above, you can't issue an EIC unless you designed and installed the works.

The most you can do is a PIR, with 100% sampling.

If you issue an EIC then you will have to notify it under Part P which you can't do as it was a new build etc. etc. etc. and you did not do the install.

In London we give a generic certificate obtained from EDF a few years back, which i have copied here

EDFInstallationcertificate.jpg

I used 3 of these last week for UK Power networks, British Gas & Scottish & Southern even though the paperwork still says EDF. All they are looking for is a 'pass the buck' bit of paper

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:27 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:25 ----------

Drop me a PM with an email if you want a copy. You could blank out EDF at the bottom if you think it will be a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, I'm just gonna do a visual inspection and dead test and issue an EIC!
good luck with that.

just remember when something does go wrong down the line with the installation, you have effectly signed to say you take responsibility

Ok i understand it should Be a PIR I issue (silly me) I've been to the house guys and done the dead testing and there is a number of circuits with IR problems. The house is empty and never been lived in. The fella who just bought it has no electrical certs. The house was built in 2007. The builder went bust a few years ago. I'm not sure if the house has ever been energized. I've only just passed my DI assessment and don't think I can issue PIR'S. I'm going back Thursday to trace the problems. Can I just issue a standard BS7671 PIR cert with me being a " competent person "?

I don't see why not, the DNO surely just wants a bit of "pass the buck" paperwork as mentioned earlier on in the post.

Another question. Does it have to be a dual rcd board as the lighting and smoke circuits are not protected by rcd.

It's a tnc-s supply and the main earth is a 10mm, I thought it had to be 16mm?

Andy, can you please explain what part P has to do with this thread.

With regards to the dual rcd question, I thought this forum was about helping others out.

Andy, can you please explain what part P has to do with this thread.
nothing. your the one who brought it up saying saying you dont think you can do PIR's

With regards to the dual rcd question, I thought this forum was about helping others out.
it is about helping each other out, but if you dont already know stuff like that then you shouldnt be carring out PIR's (this is basic stuff for PIR's. if you dont now that, what else dont you know?). stick with what you do know and can do