Talking About Rented Properties.................

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
..............  is anyone familiar with how much a landlord can re-sell electricity at.  ?

The ongoing problem I'm involved with ...landlord has purchased two "Fort"  cash meters which I'll fit tomorrow , just asked him if theres any info on setting the charges ...........he doesn't know. 

Thanks Andy ,  I just found the same on the Citizen's Advice page .   As you say ,   can only charge the same as you pay for it.

It appears that the landord has no instructions for setting the rate on these meters so tomorrow will be interesting .

Deke

can you post a link for those meters as I have a customer wanting 2 and wasn't sure which to get

Cheers

Theo , I don't know how to post links, ( altough I think Ducky did tell me last week , I wrote it down , check later )

The meters were the "Fort"  model , from :-

CL Refurbishments

www.cl-refurbishments.com

Lloyd House

Spring Lane

Willenhall

West Mids

WV12 4JG

Sales    07709 572 776

Office   01902 604888

They can send them out by courier Theo.    I think the landlord paid about £130  ish for one . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers mate

my customer is getting grief from her tenants that they are paying 19p a unit when it should be 11p 

left to me to sort out of course

11p  per unit sounds cheap to me Theo .   As far as I know , landlord should charge the same as he pays out ,  unlawful to charge more .

11p is the cheapest leckie I heard of .    We did a poll on here a couple of weeks ago , one of my threads,   don't remember  anyone as low as 11p. mate.

If you buy this meter BTW you need to look online or ask them for paperwork , to enable you to adjust the unit price .  Its done with those minature dip switches on the cicuit board .

I pay around 11p/kWh but a high standing charge so I guess you have to account for that as well as all the other nonsense they throw in.

19p doesn't sound too harsh.

Maybe the landlord should buy the more expensive electricity? Its like the nitro fuel you get at petrol stations but it's purer electricity designed for miele applicences, b&o HiFi and apple products and its only 33p/kWh. ;)

Interesting twist on this.

I have a commercial landlord that wanted to charge one of his tenants for the usage in an industrial unit sub divided into several "units"

Simple. Fit a meter in front of each CU so he can measure what they use and charge them.

Problem: It's an economy 7 supply.

So over night, he should be charging a lower rate, but that would be VERY complicated. So he just charges them the day rate for all they use.

Nobody has noticed this so far..........