TEC 20/30 course at Technique Training

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smudger483

Reaction score
hello all sparkys

im considering doing one of the TEC (Total Electrical course) at Technique Training http://www.techniquetraining.co.uk/index.html and im just woundering if anybody on this forum has gone down that line or am i wasting my time, tho that i will be doing the course as part of my army resettlement and ill have to pay nothing towards the course. the TEC 20 is 4 weeks and the TEC 30 6 weeks

just woundering if any employers on here would take me on with these following qualifacations:

Module 1 - Basic Electrical Generic Module

Module 2 - Domestic Electrical Part 1:- Domestic Wiring Circuit

City and Guilds 2382-10 - 17th Edition Wiring Regulations

Cityand Guilds 2377 12 - Portable Appliance Testing

City and Guilds 2391-10 - Inspection and Testing

City and Guilds 2392-10 - Fundamental Inspection, Testing and Initial Verification (Recently added to course specification)

Emta Awards Limited (EAL) Certificate for Domestic Electrical Installers

Construction Skills (CITB) - Essential Electrics Module

(Recently added to course specification)

With the additional modules for 6 week course TEC 30:

Module 3E - Domestic Burglar Alarm Systems

Module 3F - Gas Boiler Electrical Control Systems

(Now with Construction Skills (CITB) Certification)

BS 5389 - Fire Alarm Systems

BS 5266 - Emergency/Escape Lighting

City and Guilds 2391-10 Practical 3 phase testing

City and Guilds 2391-10 Inspection and Testing Form Filling

Questions and Answers, Tooling the Business Strategy

well thanks for reading and i hope to here from employers and sparkys to get some good sound advice before i book it in july

I can't say whether or not it's worthwhile, however it seems to be focused on becoming a domestic electrician. If that's what you're planning on doing then great, however if you were looking to get into commercial/industrial then, in my opinion, the course is lacking.

Don't rely on my opinion only though, hopefully others will chip in!

thanks for the advice marc. thats what im looking at domestic then with some experience maybe tackle commercial/industrial

Latest posts