Thankyou for nothing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel you must vote, people gave their lives for many principals and voting is part of those freedoms that could have been lost to us.

Don't forget that the working classes have only had the vote for a short time and women even less.

Again I quote Sir Winston Churchill :-

When the vote was given to a few , all coveted it. When it was given to many, some coveted it. Now it it is given to all , you cannot get them all to go to the poll !!

People NOT voting brought the Labour party to power.

People NOT voting put the Electricians Union under Communist control (See thread on unions)

People bullied out of their vote brought the Nazis to power.

People with no vote do as they are told by the Politburo. Or by the Old Guard in China and if your own students protest, turn tanks against them.

People without the right to vote ,rebel against you and create the United States of America.

Politics & religion the root of all arguments
As Churchill Famously said.....

..... (The Dog, That is).....

..... Ohhhh Yesssss.

There now follows a Party Political broadcast from the "" Party....

There now follows a Party Political broadcast from the "" Party....
Ladies and gentlemen, are you fed up with all these radical extremist fascists?

I say line them up and shoot them.................. ;)

You cant were not allow'd guns in this nanny state .............................. can borrow my catapult if you like :^O

You cant were not allow'd guns in this nanny state .............................. can borrow my catapult if you like :^O
's ok I've got a 'special' injection.........

And I'm allowed a handgun.............

nah nah nah

:D

IMHO....

Any person who doesn't bother to vote is not bothered about who runs the country or their local council and is quite happy to let them get on with things without any concern about what decisions they make..

Bit like leaving a blank signed cheque or a credit card & post-it note with PIN No. written on it, lying around for someone to use your bank account..

NO political party has ALL the right answers.. They all have some good points and they ALL have bad points..

Find the one that ticks most of the boxes that meet up with your personal opinions and preferences.. and USE YOUR VOTE!!

There are people in other countries today who would give there right arm for the freedom and privileges we have AND the right to VOTE!!! its a bit like spitting in the face of other humans beings by saying I aint going to bother voting! :(

If more of us bothered to vote.. then perhaps the various political parties would have more guts to take radical decisions cuz they Know they have the backing of a larger proportion of the electorate? ?:|

If you have bigger issues as well that you are not happy with... write to... or talk with your local MP!! :|

Oh blimey... sorryBlushing that was a bit of a rant! :| :( :eek:

Don't like talking politics.. its a personal thing.... but the right to vote IS important and a valuable commodity!

Please don't abuse it.. :( :xPray

I shall now go back to bed on this topic. :z :z:z

Is'nt The Daily Sport a serious paper..... it was the only one that spotted the Lancaster bomber that had crash landed on the moon ;) now then whatever happened to the Daily Worker ; \
Sunday Sport had a report once that a woman made love to an alien and had a fish for a baby:O

There are people in other countries today who would give there right arm for the freedom and privileges we have
Yes specs your right,and one of those freedoms is freedom of choice:|

So if i or anyone else decides they dont want to vote or can`t be bothered that`s up to them,it is their choice and as such should be respected.:|Guiness Drink

Yes specs your right,and one of those freedoms is freedom of choice:|So if i or anyone else decides they dont want to vote or can`t be bothered that`s up to them,it is their choice and as such should be respected.:|Guiness Drink
:) very True Paul...

but you cant also then say..

Am surprised this government hasnt taxed making babies yet they tax everything else.This country needs a big shake up but nobody in power has got the balls to do anything about it.
Bit of a contradiction in terms!

If no-one votes... then someone in power has the guts to make some major sweeping radical changes that you still dont like...

then who are the leaders making the changes for.. and who are they answerable to??

Surely only themselves if most people chooses not to vote.. so how can you complain that you dont like the result??

Sounds a bit similar to me to an armchair football supporter who never goes to support his team home or away...

but then expects the privilege of a best seat ticket if the team manage to get to the final!

If you choose your freedom not to vote thats fine..

but you must also then respect the results from those who did choose to use their option to vote.

:| ;) :x

ok,so what would happen if nobody in this country voted? :eek:

Would the country fall to it`s knees and cease to function?no of course it wouldnt,all the parties would have no choice but to form a coalition.

Thus instead of petty point scoring and bickering they would have to work together and as a consequence you wouldnt get laws steamrolled through parlimant because no party would have a majority.Guiness Drink

You go and cast your vote if you think it makes a difference,but i am and will remain indifferent and choose not to vote cause that is my choice.Guiness Drink

And for the record im surprised ANY goverments havnt taxed making babbies,what a money spinner that would be.