The Robbing ................

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky999

Reaction score
X(

Had the works van broken into this morning stole 2 drums of 2.5mm t +e, 2 drums 1.0 t+e, 6mm and 2 25mm brown and blue tails.

Plus a bosch sds drill X(

But the last laugh is on them as the drill hasnt worked for ages so :p

X( Had the works van broken into this morning stole 2 drums of 2.5mm t +e, 2 drums 1.0 t+e, 6mm and 2 25mm brown and blue tails.

Plus a bosch sds drill X(

But the last laugh is on them as the drill hasnt worked for ages so :p
Yeah but you dont need to tell the insurance that;)

X(Im just totally shocked that the van was on a really busy main road and they have the guts to pop a lock and just chuck it into there vehicle.

Yh i was sayin tht to my work mate, u would have a shock if u saw someone at the back of ur van in it.

Yeah but you dont need to tell the insurance that;)
You sure your Megger wasn't in the van as well? ;)

The scallies will nick anything, probably selling it for far less than it's worth to feed their drug/drink habit. Scum of the earth.

Yh think they stole the radio, tester, my other drills, both sets of steps what else shall we throw in :p

Yh think they stole the radio, tester, my other drills, both sets of steps what else shall we throw in :p
Depends what you fancy. :p

Insurance costs enough, make sure you claim for EVERYTHING that went missing. ;)

You need to take a good hard look......they're sure to have nicked all the most expensive test & power gear you had with you...not forgetting the tomtom that was locked in the glove box ;)

Still all joking aside sorry to hear you've been turned over 999

Sorry to hear that Sparky, welcome to the Robbed Van Club. Been done over three times but not in this van, hasp and padlock on back doors may be the deterrant.

Never under estimate the nerve of these scum , get your crime number but don't imagine the police will be looking into it, cos a bloke's tools means nothing to them .

I found the insurance for tools too dear TBH, at

Ever since i was burgled twice in a short space of time a few years ago I have tried to be really security conscience and probably a bit paranoid ever since.

Whether my tools are in the boot of my car cos I dont have a van yet or in the garage I keep a heavy duty chain taken through all of the handles of my tool boxes and then padlocked at the ends. I suppose you could still take some items out of their cases but it would be really difficult and load of hassle to do so, Its just a case of slowing down the theiving scum who like easy pickings (opportunists).

You mention it happened during the day on a really busy Main Road.

Then it is likely to have CCTV. So watch was is declared missing!

Not that I condone it. ;)

No hasnt got any cctv around as its a main A road into the town.

I wouldnt declare anything missing which wasnt admin im not that sort of person.

Latest posts