Thermarestor

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kieronious

Reaction score
Hi all!

Wondering if anyone has used the thermarestor system? (www.thermarestor.co.uk) Popped up on my twitter the other day. Just wondering what people thought of it? Seems like an interesting product.

Did a quick search on forum couldnt find anything on it, so thought i'd make a topc.

Kieron

Is this not like one of those arc fault circuit breakers that they have in the US that people think should be banned? Can;t tell from the site as it's rubbish.

Yes website not the best and nothing will beat good workmanship together with regular inspections. Just general public doesn't seem to know anything about having eicr' done regularly.

Niceic assessor last week was saying that the new amendment boards will just delay fire detection and that was the general consensus of other sparks he'd assessed.

Canoeboy said:
Have the job done properly by a competent sparks, have it inspected and tested regularly at the required interval, don't let bodgers loose on it, have regular thermal inspections done as well, its doubtful you will ever have a problem and wont need a thermarestor
That's pretty much the argument from over the water, but they do no testing at all, if it doesn't go bang then it's a pass.

I see no reason why we need these, and following part p there are already plenty of clueless numpties who will be fitting these in their millions without having the first idea about what they are or why they are fitting them.

What a complete pile of toss. What about circuits with no RCD?

Rubbish website, no proper details, stupid idea in the first place, what could possibly go wrong. It's another one of those false sense of security things, why are we making people do things that wouldn't be required if people did their jobs properly?

I've just read the brochure, it is even worse than I thought from the little information on the terrible website. The brochure is full of non-truths and marketing ********, this stuff should be banned.

Why, because it means that the corporates can make more money by paying their "operatives" virtually nothing, using them as electricians, them doing a carp job, and the company putting some clever gizmo in that picks up the bad workmanship and allows them to charge more for the sub standard work, thus making more profit.

Remember, in a blatantly stolen saying, "its all about money, not safety"!

Latest posts