Three Phase Rcd No Neutral. Test Button?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tricey

Reaction score
Hi,

I have several Europa RCD to install they are three phase 415v. They are being connected to a three phase supply that has no neutral. We cannot get the test button to operate when pressed. When you hold test button it is putting a resistance of 3.28K ohm between the neutral connector and L2. What step should I take to get operation from the test button?

Cheers Adam

On the Schneider Si RDSs it's a 2.4k resistor between the N terminal and one of the line terminals. Got an "uncontrolled" info sheet on it somewhere from them............

TBH if you're installing them you should be testing them with the appropriate kit and not assuming pressing the Test button constitutes a test. You won't get your tripping times etc.............unless you can count in mSecs........ :lol:

Feed in top only aren't they too?

Email Europa, [email protected]

Canoeboy said:
Buy a 3 pole RCD and not a 4 Pole RCD, I would not personally link the N to an Earth just to get the test button to work 

Not good practise and the N is not an E terminal

Only real solution it to get the correct RCD for the job - a 3 pole one !
Probably why Schneider technical stamp "UNCONTROLLED" all over their doc. I got that long ago I think they faxed it.........

I can't read that,,,, it's in French!!!!

;)
Right click on the image and "Translate to English"......
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png