todays callout

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy™

©Resident Geordie™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DSCF5733.jpg

Cheers for the pics Andy, that shows some serious overloading issues along with probably some loose connections?

every neutral connection was loose. you can see the heat damage on all the other neutral conductors (but most damage to RHS neutral was caused by the ring failure)

they have just got back from holiday, put the kettle on, and he noticed a little light show from inside the CU whilst he was in the garage.

needless to say, the 3036 didnt blow

Do you lot find that when upgrading from one of these boards yOu have to extend quite a few cables ? And the board is a mass of crimps sometimes? Or is it just mine lol

Do you lot find that when upgrading from one of these boards yOu have to extend quite a few cables ? And the board is a mass of crimps sometimes? Or is it just mine lol
Just yours mate!! Only kidding there must be many up to date boards with many crimped connections in them. I picked up a couple of packs of reds and blues while I was at my local Denmans the other day.

How brittle were those neutral conductors...

some look as though nicely cooked and case-hardened.

Flexibility factor=0, I would guess?

Anyway..

there was no problem with the board cuz it has been working fine for years before you were called!!!