Today's wasted call out

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in the day imused to install /repair/ commission sheet and plate metal,working machinery

installed a machine....week,later phone call to,say it does not work.

their factory engineer has tried EVERYTHING

I went theough the usual stuff, E STOP, fuses, etc etc etc

anyway....went to site, walked over to madhine, opened cab door, quick mains test......dead

went to waall,awitched fuse, opened door, supply live

checked fuse carriers.....no contiuity. At this point i foolishly assumed that the fuses had gone. Bit weird all three blowing.

asked if he had any spares?

the look on the site 'engineers ' face when he said "no, not got any, we had to rob the ones out of this................OH ******!, Sorry for you having a wasted trip !

700 mile round trip

14 hours time

700 miles mileage

Hotel as i was too nacked to drive straight back

did they pay?

OH YES, within 48 hours along with a nice letter of apology😃

Another "wasted" job I was called to.  It was booked in advance. Local Coop being re fitted. They needed an electrtician to attend at 10PM on a Sunday night to swap over a wine chiller. It was described to me as disconnect the old one from an FCU, wait until the new one was ready and connect it. for that they offered £100 for what they said would probably be 2 hours work.

So I arrived at 10PM, eventually got someone to open the door, Had a chat with the shop fitters. "Wine chiller?, we don't haver a wine chiller and don't need an electrician"

They still paid me.