torque screwdrivers- since when?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adammid

Reaction score
What's all this talk about torque screwdrivers? Who came up with the idea and is everyone using them now? What's wrong with the good old fashioned wrist? What has brought the idea of torque drivers? Was there a particular reason?

manufacturers instructions say they must be done to a specific torgue. 7671 says manufacturers instructions must be followed

not everyone is using them, i still use the torque sensor built into my wrist

Would a competent person need to look at instructions how to install a fuseboard.

Maybe that's where I'm going wrong I've not looked at one for over 39 years
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

Would a competent person need to look at instructions how to install a fuseboard.Maybe that's where I'm going wrong I've not looked at one for over 39 years
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png
I looked at some the other day, after i had fitted the board and was throwing all the left over bits away & was checking it wasn't something important .

Well get it from under your seat and go back 39 years and torque all them loose screws up :eek:

So are these torque screwdrivers something that has recently come in? I've been off the tools for a couple of years and never used them before. Just wondered if they are something which has recently been brought in?

Andy tm I'm very surprised at you can't believe you don't follow manufacturers instructions torque settings are given for a reason

A component person would know this

Sex aint as good as the real thing :)
+1 You've been married for many years as well then? :slap

Pretty sure that you only need a torque screwdriver on assessment day......................does look a bit suss though as you take the cellophane off for the first time!

Last edited by a moderator:
have you ever considered getting a girlfriend

Im married. Like i said wrist action all the way:|